Purpose and functions
The IMO was established in December 2004 as a body corporate and it is responsible to the Minister for Energy.
To achieve the market objectives with respect to its functions in the Wholesale Electricity Market and Gas Services Information. We accomplish this through collaboration, efficient processes and independent leadership, using our resources efficiently and investing in our people.
The IMO’s functions are established under the:
Following the transfer of most of the IMO’s functions under the WEM Rules and the GSI Rules to other organisations since November 2015, the IMO’s current function is a transitional compliance matter under the WEM Rules which involves an application to the Electricity Review Board for an alleged contravention of the WEM Rules by a participant.
To excel in the delivery of services to the energy sector.
- Integrity and Impartiality - we are fair, consistent and transparent in our actions.
- Team Work - we work collaboratively, we are professional and supportive and treat others with respect.
- Innovation - we embrace new ideas and strive for continuous improvement.
- Quality and Excellence - we are professional and committed to what we do. We deliver quality outcomes and celebrate success.
- Accountability - we are accountable and responsible for our actions.